Rosetta?

Reaction score
Hi guys. i just bought a new game but my macbook air with Snow leopard can't read it. It says it can only open if rosetta is installed. I tried installing it two ways:

1. Online: didn't want to connect to my network even though I had working internet.

2. By USB: I'm scared to go through with this since it might erase my entire hard drive. I know there's supposed to be a "Options Install Package" but there seems to be no such option when I inserted the USB.

What do I do to install rosetta without erasing my ENTIRE hardrive? I have a lot of files and backing up all of them will take weeks (I'm exaggerating of course, but I'm sure you all know how hassle it can be).

Please help!

Thanks,
Slim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You have to install it from your Snow leopard disk or online, it will not erase your hard drive as long as you just follow the prompts when OSX asks you to install it

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have a lot of files and backing up all of them will take weeks (I'm exaggerating of course, but I'm sure you all know how hassle it can be).

Like "louishen" mentioned...installing Rosetta will not erase anything. It is simply a custom install to what you already have.

Also...it sounds like you have a lot of files that you don't want to lose & are not backed up. It's always a good idea to have a backup strategy...you never really know when you may have a computer failure. A nice external USB hard drive and Time Machine would allow you to easily back everything up...and give you peace of mind.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.