• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie 11 Question

Reaction score
So i've put off buying iMovie 11 since it was available on the App store, i love iMovie because of it's simplicity. I don't do any fancy movie editing, so iMovie has been great to me over the years. I've read mix reviews about iMovie 11, that's the main reason i've put it off for soo long. I'm thinking of purchasing iMovie 11, i currently use iMovie 09. I've read all the new features about iMovie 11 already, i am a little skeptical about it, because of the "bugs" and it's sluggish performance that people have been commenting about. My question is, should i make the update? is it really buggy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini 4.1 OSX 10.6.3
So i've put off buying iMovie 11 since it was available on the App store, i love iMovie because of it's simplicity. I don't do any fancy movie editing, so iMovie has been great to me over the years. I've read mix reviews about iMovie 11, that's the main reason i've put it off for soo long. I'm thinking of purchasing iMovie 11, i currently use iMovie 09. I've read all the new features about iMovie 11 already, i am a little skeptical about it, because of the "bugs" and it's sluggish performance that people have been commenting about. My question is, should i make the update? is it really buggy?

HI Feniks80.

UPGRADE TO ILIFE'11.

IT ROCKS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
I thought the same thing a few months ago...they did a software update that fixed those initial problems...I upgraded a few months ago and have not experienced any problems...It's got some decent upgrades beyond iMovie 09 particularly with audio..

OP
Feniks80
Reaction score
I thought the same thing a few months ago...they did a software update that fixed those initial problems...I upgraded a few months ago and have not experienced any problems...It's got some decent upgrades beyond iMovie 09 particularly with audio..

I will make the switch now! Thanks Codda. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 inch iMac 3.06 i3 8GB RAM 500gb HDD
Just upgraded and have had no problems people have said in the reviews on the app store! A solid buy for £8.99!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
iMovie is an application within the iLife suite...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.