buying a iphone from friend ?

ARC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz 200gb macbook pro, 13" macbook
Hey guys, my friend has his iphone 4 which he cant use anymore due to a non payment disconnect on ATT, and i have the samsung focus. well i was wondering i know ill need to get the micro sim adapter, but will i be able to use his phone still by swaping out the sim card? since his phone was a non pay disconnect. im assuming i can because ATT uses sim cards and if i swap sim card i should be able too but just wanna make sure before i buy it from him and the sim card adapter. thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You'll be able to use the phone, however, you'll need a sim card to fit (size is much smaller than normal cards) or you can cut yours, and you'll need to contact AT&T and sign up for a data plan. If you're already an AT&T customer the changeover should not incur an activation fee.

OP
ARC

ARC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz 200gb macbook pro, 13" macbook
cool, thats what i thought. thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.