Music and video won't play

Reaction score
Hi,

I plugged my an audio jack into my ipod touch in my car a few weeks ago. The ipod froze up and then I had to reboot manually. Ever since then music and video has not played.

When I try to play an item in my music folder, it always returns back to the previous menu after about a 1 second pause. Note, I observe this behaviour for items I've played previously and for new items.

For video, I always get the "This movie could not be played" message. Again, this message occurs for videos I have played before as well as new videos.

The ipod was previously jailbroken (redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 on ios 4.2.1). However, I've since restored the iPod touch to ios 4.3 and have not jailbroken it.

Even after the restore, the exact same behaviour occurs. I am trying to figure out what's wrong and how to fix. I can play any music file through Itunes when I plug my Ipod touch into my computer.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.