• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple starts pushing back iPad launches?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Let's hope the push back doesn't have an impact on any other areas of the world. The longer it takes to get them out in the market, the more gouging we'll see on eBay and Craig's list.

I also notice some folks are spreading rumors around about the disaster in Japan leading to a shortage of electronic components and higher prices.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
It appears from the comments, it's a typo on the site.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
it would be a typo as other countries are still March 25. And if one country was pushed back I think they all would be.

Reaction score
Up here in the Great White North in the Land of Snow and Clouds, our website still shows March 25th. I really really really really hope it doesn't change. Even though I will to get up an hour earlier than I normally do for work so I can be at my computer at 3am EST when I believe the online ordering is set to begin.

Reaction score
MacLicious are you planning on waiting outside of an apple store for the iPad?

Reaction score
Not a chance. I don't do line-ups. Especially when it isn't guaranteed that if you stand in line you will for sure have the opportunity to buy the iPad of your choice. No siree bob, I will be getting up an hour earlier than I would normally have to (to get ready for work) and hopefullly be online and ordering at 3am EST.

What about you?

Reaction score
Awesome, thats what I am doing as well. There is no way I am waiting in a line for an electronic device again. I did it for playstation 2 when it came out and vowed to never do it again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.