Bootcamp error on the Windows side...

Reaction score
Hi Im running bootcamp and have windows xp home edition working up to the point where i need to install the Mac drivers to work with windows (so that the key board and sound etc works) However when I put the Mac CD in it starts running, goes through a few stages where it looks to be working and then suddenly the BSOD appears with the message

STOP: C000021a {FATAL SYSTEM ERROR}
The windows subsystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0X C0000005 (0X7C9106C3 0X0052F074)
The system has been shut down.

I then have to physically turn off the machine and start again... which then the whole process repeats.

Has anyone got any ideas on this? My machine is running the out of the box spec for an 8 Core Mac pro, I just got it this week and it has the latest OS running.

Hope someone out there can shed some light. Thanks in advance.

EDIT*
Ok, just tried again and third time lucky, well almost I got through the whole process, the audio sounds were happening which I take to mean they are now configured with the Mac install, however it gave me the BSOD once again saying the same as before but with the code (0X75e91976 0X 0069f5dc) now when I access windows the Bootcamp help window id there, i havent got the CD in so maybe this has now worked? Anyone understand whats happened? I now have more icons at the bottom right hand corner including my internet connection screens, bootcamp (the diamond) blue tooth, audio etc) Perhaps im good to go!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like it installed OK but do this anyway:

Open the Control Panel, System, Hardware Devices and expand the hardware tree. Look to see if there are any devices listed with a ! over them. If there is, right click on it and select properties and post what it says.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.