Magsafe charger playing up

Reaction score
Hi,

My new (ish) apple magsafe charger is no longer charging.

it does not show any green or orange light.

I really hope its not my mac that is not accepting the charger.

has anyone had this problem before?

i dont suppose there is anything I can do about it is there?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Being newish, I assume that your Mac is still under warranty.
I would just go into an Apple store, and I am pretty sure that they will just swap over your magsafe adapter for a new one.
When you are there, test it with the new adapter to be sure that it is not another problem.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys.

Unfortunately, resetting those 2 things didnt work.

I checkec the status of my battery with that software, it should be attached( i think)

Yes, teh charger is new, but the mac is old.

I just hope that if it is the computer, its easy to repair, as I cannot afford a new one.

Yes, I will be going to the apple authourised service provider near me on monday, but I was just wondering if there was a short tearm temporary solution.

Thanks for the help tho.

Screen shot 2011-03-18 at 21.30.02.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Well, your battery is definitely on it's last legs.

OP
S
Reaction score
so the health of the battery depends on weather or not power can be connected to the laptop?

I thaught that the laptop could run without a battery if it was connected to the power source?

Am I wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so the health of the battery depends on weather or not power can be connected to the laptop?
The battery is just old and worn, and doesn't have much life in it.
50months, 279 cycles and 41% of it's original charge left.
I thaught that the laptop could run without a battery if it was connected to the power source?
It can.

Whether or not you need a new charger, or if it is some other issue, you are still due for a new battery.

Reaction score
I have the same issue and my battery is in good shape. I just bought a replacement charger and if I am using my computer unplugged as I am now and then plug it to the computer when the battery is low I get nothing. If I turn the computer off then plug it in the light comes on and I can turn the computer back on and go again. Never had the problem with the old charger, just the new. Thought it was a charger problem. Swapped with a new one and the same result. I run a 2007 MacBook Pro. Glad you posted this. I was just about to post the same!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Glad I could help :)

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.