MacBook Won't Power Up

Reaction score
My Son's 2.5 year old 13" MacBook stops powering up. The first time this happened was within about the first year. The power cable was replaced, but after a few months, this happened again, so Apple replaced the power cable a second time. The same thing happened again and another power cable was switched out. Brand new power cables always power the computer just fine, but then they go "dead".

A few more months goes by, it happens again, and this time Apple replaces the magnetic power/charging port. A few more months goes by and his laptop does the same thing-- power cord simply stops working. I left the machine at Apple for diagnostic testing, check the battery, and they do some software updates, but they cannot find anything wrong with his computer.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post. I did a search but couldn't find anything on this issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
This being the case.... get onto Apple customer solutions stating the case the way you just did here with such a level head, and I'd be surprised if the resolution wasn't a new replacement unit!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.