• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Mac + PC = Bluray?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dont own one yet
Hi all,

im a new mac enthusiast (former pc lover), and have a pretty simple but dumb question to ask.
Before i upgraded to mac i brought an internal bluray burner for my pc. I now have an iMac and use cs5(mac) to build/encode bluray movie projects etc.

I need to burn projects into bluray format, however i would like to use my current pc bluray burner rather than buying a new external one for the imac.

My question is, if i create a project in CS5 (mac), and export(output) the video project to an ISO image on the mac, (network to pc dump the ISO on the pc) then can i burn the ISO image on the pc using roxio or something to the bluray burner, even though it was created on a mac?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can confirm this.

Reaction score
Yes, it will be fine.

ISO is its own format, and the UDF/ISO bridge inside of it is its own file system.
Some of the information here may help: Why ISO?

I assume you'll transfer the file across a LAN, from Mac to Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.