Member Bands

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I own a Best Buy Special MacBook with a 350GB hard drive, 4GB of ram. I sell Macs at Best Buy
I do a solo act just me, guitar/ukulele and sometimes autotune. i mostly just do rap and top 40 covers. Zach Leveque-Wilson on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads check me out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac
I used Logic to make this Black Sabbath cover:

YouTube - Stephen French - Paranoid (Black Sabbath cover)

Reaction score
Hola, my name is Che. Been playing forever, but losing the drive as the day job pays the bills. Makes me sad, as music is my #1 love. I can play Van Halen to Vampire Weekend, Slayer to Stray Cats, but no matter - cash pays the bills, not music

Have a listen to my doodlings at http://soundcloud.com/cheguitarra

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
All sounds really good!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 500gb
I just bought a MacBook Pro and made sure to get the 7200 RPM hard drive in case I decide to do some recording on it. However, my Presonus FireStudio Project uses a different type of FireWire that what is on it. I was caught off guard by that :\

Besides, I am using Sonar 8.5 on a home built rig running Windows 7 and it has never given me any issue what-so-ever.

I'm sure one day I will look into recording on my MacBook if I ever need a portable DAW.

The Electric Soul Society | Facebook

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Southern blues rock - Steppenwolf (1st two concerts I ever saw back in, oh never mind) and CCR - I'm won over.

In general, most win machines only have FW400 ports while Macs have FW 800 ports. It is backwards compatible, so you should just need an adapter to connect to your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 500gb
Thanks for the info bob. Also, thanks for checking out my bands FB page.

I built that Windows DAW and added a FW PCI card. However, what you are saying makes sense to me. Did Apple design the FW port to begin with? I never looked into it but always assumed they did. I think my first iPod was FW.

I think most of the multi-track audio interface units are designed with FW instead of USB. Some have their own PCI card with a huge ten thousand pin cable, but i can record and play back up to 24 tracks simultaneously with one FW connection. Ill never figure out how!

Reaction score
Las Vegas rock band
unfortunately the guy that did our recordings must not have known too much about mixing/mastering.. it was all done on an IMAC and one of those kickass towers
anyway
heres our links
DVIR - Bands & Musicians - Las Vegas | Facebook
DVIR | Las Vegas, NV | Rock / Original / Covers | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

if your in vegas come see us play at Vamp'd next thursday

i've started mixing and a little dj ing here and there using my trusty macbook (this things been through **** and back)
:D

Reaction score
My Music act

Yeah, I'm a musician, currently I'm doing a solo acoustic act localy around my home state of North Carolina (USA). Mostly old music from the 60's to the 80's, just song's that where big hit's. I do have some of my own song's that I play as well.

Alway's use my Mac(s) for recording and so-forth. MOTU is my main-stay as I've been using there software and devices for more than a decade so it just makes since for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, OSX 10.8.5, 2.5 GHz Intel core i5 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - I also have an iPad Air.
Reluctant soloist here, though I have some music, but it wasn't recorded on my Mac or iPad. Since I've gotten my MBP I've tried redoing the songs with GarageBand. It took awhile but I was beginning to figure it out, then it got upgraded and I can't make it do what I want. The version on my iPad is worse, so all I can do with GarageBand really is just have something to record a melody on so I don't forget it, then I get my recording unit set up and put it on there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm also in a band. We don't have a website, because it's just a church band.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
We don't have a website, because it's just a church band.

Being "just a church band" doesn't automatically mean you can't have a website (unless a specific religions beliefs prevent it). Lots of church bands with websites.:)

Heck…even the pope (former pope) uses an iPad!:)

(outdated link removed)

- Nick

Reaction score
MothGirl from Sarvium here.. i'm actually here because i want to switch completely over to Mac.. i use Ableton Live. so like, switching to mac is like clockwork plus a high end iMac is just like the rig i already have power-wise.. minus the big huge box in the corner of the room!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.