Member Bands

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(outdated link removed)

everything recorded on Logic Pro or Express

S

steveedge

I am a Guitarist/ songwriter. My wife is a kick &*%$ singer. We've been in rock, alt, blues, and roots bands in the Atlanta area (on and off) for the last 20 years.

I currently write and record on a Mac mini and a G4 I-Book.
I use a firewire Audiophile interface, Studio projects Preamps, a couple of analog mixers and several condenser mics.

We both occasionally "play out" in the Atlanta area, sitting in with friends, mostly in blues bars.

I do multimedia work for web clients, including audio/ video editing and sound design, also on Mac platform.

Some online songs

(outdated link removed)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Keeping this thread alive... CD Baby finally got us iTunes. Anyone play around in Texas?

Reaction score
(outdated link removed)

Just finished tracking our cd will be mixing and mastering over the next couple of months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook super
my band is called Elviss

where playing at the hollywood hotel on monday night around 9pm in Sydney

where an elctro pop band

weve use heaps of diferent recording programs

but i find Reason rewired to Garageband works the best for us

come see us if you in town :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 ghz Powerbook 15.2 inch screen 1 gig ram
Short Mp3 of my band at (outdated link removed). Acoustic show will be posted tomorrow night around 11 PM EST if you want to check back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
i have bad music on my myspace that i made

(outdated link removed)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
This thread really makes me want to pick up my guitar again...

Anyways, I had a band that died last year, we were allright, not very good, but by the end we'd gotten to a point where I didn't want to rip my hair out after hearing how bad we sounded. Mostly covers ("To Shelia" <3), but I did write a couple of songs (they sucked, but at least I' d written them).

Never really got a name. The closest we got to was between "I Hate Myself and I Want to Die" (Nirvana fans will get that), and "The Shelia's" (mainly because my girlfriend at the time was named Shelia, and we were all Pumpkins fans).

If anyone is woundering why it died, it's because of a girl. My girlfriend and I were fine, but our bass player and drummer got into a fight over some chick. It ended up with our drummer getting stitches after our bass player "accidently" threw my guitar at him. Ironically he wants to become a monk now (and no, I'm not joking). And the drummer moved. I told myself I was just going to take a week or so off, and then look for replacements... but a week turned into two, which turned into a month, and so on...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Keeping this thread alive... any more bands out there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just played two shows for SXSW this week - anyone in Austin or from elsewhere play too?

Reaction score
i just play acoustic stuff on my own. i personally think its different from most acoustic stuff. i originally wanted to start a punk/melodic hardcore band but couldnt find a drummer so here i am.

(outdated link removed) <this is what i usually use
Pure Volume

Reaction score
lawl the second song on my space is an acoustic cover of "the germs- lexicon devil" if anybody even knows who they even are O_O

ill be suprised if anyone does :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have - the singer for one of my bands growing up was obsessed with them.

W

Wilse

schweb said:
I know we have several members here that are in bands. Post a link to your site or music and tell us if you use your Mac to help edit or create any music for your groups!

Our main site is here:

Pure Volume

We've just started using Garageband to play backing tracks for our rehearsals, via my iBook.

Hoping to start using it for recording too, once I have enough funds for the extra hardware and software.

Cheers,
Robert.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
Im not exactly in this band. They're all my friends and I'm their tech guy. I just record the songs with what little equipment we have at the moment, and edit the songs and stuff. These songs are a little old, were too busy focusing on concerts and trying to find a new singer since ours just dropped out. So here it is.

Fallen Into Effect (outdated link removed)

L

LEX

I play drums for this band. (outdated link removed)

we recorded in a studio up in PA where the engineer used Cubase. So, none of this was recorded on a Mac. It's good stuff though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LEX said:
I play drums for this band. (outdated link removed)

we recorded in a studio up in PA where the engineer used Cubase. So, none of this was recorded on a Mac. It's good stuff though.

Are you implying that Cubase isn't ported for OSX? We recorded our drums through Cubase on a PM G4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.