Any bleeders out there....?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
Just picked up the new iPad2....there is slight bleed through on the very right side edge...about half way up the screen. I've seen a few vids on this...mine is very slight but still there. Not noticeable unless you have dark screen displaying....reminiscent of the iMac yellow screen phenomenon...I'm gonna hang tough a while and see what happens....

Reaction score
I have a bit that I noticed when I was watching Netflix. It's not very bad though.

Jez

Reaction score
So what is Apple's current stance on the light bleed?

If you buy from them (shop or online) and your not happy with the light bleed, do they replace it for you if you take it to an Apple store or....?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
No problems at all with mine

From what I've read thus far, it goes away on its own. A sealant/glue issue.

Reaction score
I'm on my second iPad to date, first one returned with excessive bleed, the second has the same bleed and two dead pixels. They swapped the unit with no problems whatsoever. They simply made a report of the fault and swapped. I think I'm now going to return the second iPad and wait to see if later batches are of a different standard.

:\

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused, does the yellowing or the bleeding go away after a while? I have some slight bleeding in the lower left corner and upper left corner. it's not really noticeable unless the screen is dark. Should I wait and see if it goes away? I haven't even taken the plastic off (i'm waiting to buy a screen protector)

Reaction score
As I understand it, the issue goes away on its own. I don't have mine yet, though; I'd do a quick Google search and then judge.

Reaction score
The light issue has nothing to do with the glue drying and no, it won't go away. If you're unhappy with it i'd return it/exchange it. Im waiting to get a third replacement due to severe light bleed issues.

Reaction score
It sounds like the issue is widespread. If I exchange mine, it sounds like I'd have a good chance of getting another bleeder, perhaps a worse one. Should i exchange mine anyway? I'd like to. If i pay this much money, i should get a quality product, but I don't want to do it more than once.

Reaction score
I would exchange it definitely. Like you said, you've paid a fair amount for it so it better be satisfactory.

I have been told to wait two weeks before exchanging again in the hope that there will be a better batch of stock it but I am doubtful.

I am going to keep exchanging it until I get one that doesn't have it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Do you guys all have the white one? So far, out of the 5 iPad 2s we have at work, only one of the white ones has this issue...

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
Mine's black...as mentioned in the initial post mine is very slight...since nothing's perfect ..I'm ok with it...I can't notice it at all during normal operation and is mildly visible under full brightness and darkest conditions...

Reaction score
I just returned mine (I got a black one from the online store, and returned it to the store in the mall). They gave me a gift card for the amount, and said they get new shipments daily (I think they meant new merchandise, not specifically ipads), but I think they said I couldn't exchange the next one if it has problems, though I don't think that's true.

My question is what is the likelihood that I'll get another (perhaps worse) bleeder, or one with dead pixels or other issues. I just don't know. I suppose I could ask to confirm the quality of the ipad before taking it home?

Reaction score
Able to capture this in a pic? I would like to see the issue to which you are referring

Reaction score
here's a picture
ipad-2-defect-backlight.jpg

Reaction score
Dang that's horrible I was wondering what people were talking about. I have a 64 3G white with no bleed through

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e
I have a little bit on mine (black 64g Verizon 3G model), thought it's really not very noticeable to me. My husband's (identical model) has it a bit worse, he is considering returning his. Will take it to Mac store and if they have a replacement available, great, if not he'll probably wait. He doesn't want to be without it waiting for shipping.

Reaction score
Mine WASN'T bleeding, until tonight. I noticed it while watching a podcast, and now it's (slightly) visible during other tasks as well. I know for a fact that it wasn't there until I got home after going out to dinner, based on watching other podcasts, using a black background for Zenbrush and Instapaper, etc.

Hopefully, since the problem arrived on its own, it will leave on its own. I also had problems with audio cutting out (Sword and Sworcery) and video cutting out (podcast). The only problem is that the nearest Apple store is an hour away, and after waiting three weeks for it to ship the first time I don't want to wait for it again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.