Apple dvd player application is playing video_ts files really slow

Reaction score
Hi I have searched everywhere for a solution, but nothing yet.

I have mac os 10.5.8

I have a 1tb Western digital mybook essential formated NTFS. I have backed up my dvd movies on there.

I have the external hard drive pluged in to the usb port on my belkin N+ router.

When I try to play the movies from the external hard drive it runs really slow. This only happens with the Apple dvd player.

It runs fine with VLC, but I would like to get it to work on apple dvd player.

Also if i plug the external hard drive to my mac, the movie runs fine with the apple dvd player.

Seems like there is a problem with the apple dvd player application reading from the belkin router.

I hope some one can help me with this.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is there any particular reason you have the WD formatted as NTFS instead of Mac HFS Journaled? If you don't need to access that drive from a Windows PC there really is no reason to keep it as NTFS. I'm not sure that reformatting will speed things up for you but it may be worth a try.

OP
R
Reaction score
I have it as ntfs, because I can access it my PC as well. Mac journal causes problems with none mac machines. I had mac journal on an other drive, and I couldn't access it on window, so I found NTFS to work on both.

OP
R
Reaction score
Now I remember, why i have it as ntfs. the belkin N+ doesn't read mac journal format.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.