help please

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a powerbook G4. I updated as far as I could go with Leopard, For some reason my iPhoto has never updated since 4 It always work just fine. Now I can't email photos. It say:
Mail got an error: Can't get paragraph 8 of content of outgoing message id 8115776. Invalid index.
So then I start finding all these updates. I tried to update to the latest, but it wouldn't let me. So I thought maybe I need to start from the beginning. Downloaded 5.0.4 but it says:
You cannot install iphoto update 5.0.4 on this volume. An eligible iphoto application was not found in the location/Applications/iphoto.app.
iphoto 4.0.3 is in my applications folder. I wonder if thats why it didn't tell me about the updates...It couldn't find it? It worked perfectly for me before the leopard update. I have over 14,000 photos.
Can you help me. Don't know what to do.
Thanks for all help or info.:\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You have iPhoto 4, part of the iLife '04 suite.. To install that update, you will need iPhoto 5, part of the iPhoto '05 suite, which isn't a free update to 4.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hello,
I have a powerbook G4. I updated as far as I could go with Leopard, For some reason my iPhoto has never updated since 4 It always work just fine. Now I can't email photos. It say:
Mail got an error: Can't get paragraph 8 of content of outgoing message id 8115776. Invalid index.
So then I start finding all these updates. I tried to update to the latest, but it wouldn't let me. So I thought maybe I need to start from the beginning. Downloaded 5.0.4 but it says:
You cannot install iphoto update 5.0.4 on this volume. An eligible iphoto application was not found in the location/Applications/iphoto.app.
iphoto 4.0.3 is in my applications folder. I wonder if thats why it didn't tell me about the updates...It couldn't find it? It worked perfectly for me before the leopard update. I have over 14,000 photos.
Can you help me. Don't know what to do.
Thanks for all help or info.:\
Nevermind!

EDIT: I would go with the previous post advice (which I just saw).

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know on the upgrade.
Do you know why it worked all the way up to Leopard??
Do you know if there is a way I can find the error message file and just delete it and see if that would work?? Or is Leopard not compatable with iphoto 4, with all the changes??
This is as far as I can go with my old trusty powerbook & I really didn't want to put more into it. Just want to compress my photo's and email them easier.
Thanks for any input......:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Thanks for letting me know on the upgrade.
Do you know why it worked all the way up to Leopard??
Do you know if there is a way I can find the error message file and just delete it and see if that would work?? Or is Leopard not compatable with iphoto 4, with all the changes??
This is as far as I can go with my old trusty powerbook & I really didn't want to put more into it. Just want to compress my photo's and email them easier.
Thanks for any input......:)

I'm having trouble searching to get a firm answer on whether or not iLife '04 has known issues with 10.5. However, it was released when OS 10.2 was current and the iLife suite had seen 3 or 4 new releases before OS 10.5 was released, so it's no surprise that iLife '04 will have issues. I'd be skeptical of iLife '05 for that matter.

And no, deleting an error message will not resolve an error.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Do you know a way I can compress the pictures to send thru an email?? I wonder about the error message: Maybe it's just a mail issue.......

I've tried fixing pref. files.
Wonder what I could delete without problems.

Thanks for all your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.