• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Effect in Final Cut Express 4 won't work

Reaction score
Hey you guys,

Question, i've just started working with FCE4 (used to work with Premiere Pro) and now i've stumbled on to something.

I added a couple of clips to my sequence and now i want to add a audio effect to all of these clips. The cross dissolve effect works on a couple of clips, but on a couple other it won't attach to..

Does anyone know what this could be?? :) Thanks ya'll :D

O:)

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
sorry, but i dont completely understand what is wrong.

you are dragging audio onto the time line then trying to do a cross dissolve? can you manually automate the audio so it crosses over?

OP
M
Reaction score
Fixed it

Oh! I fixed it. I dragged the audio clips to 2 different tracks... now i was able to add the cross dissolve. And then i dragged them back to the top 2 tracks!
Hmm.. weird solution, but it worked!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I would delete the fades to see if the clips are indeed right next to each other. Moving a clip with a transition attached sometimes leaves a short gap to make room for the transition.

Also realize that if you use all of a clip's content to the very end or from the very beginning, there won't be any extra frames for the transition to use, and the transition won't be added on one or both sides of an edit point. You'll have to start or end the transition on the edit, but you won't be able to center it right on the edit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.