Applications Folder missing from dock

Reaction score
How do I add back to the dock the applications folder which was accidentally deleted from the dock?

OP
J
Reaction score
New Problem

Followed another suggestion and now have applications back in the dock. However, the address book icon is on the top of the applications folder in the dock? Any further suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome Jack. Right click on it in the Dock and then use the contextual menu to do what you want with it. You can change the Sort By and it will bring another App to the front. Play with it to get it the way you like it...
HTH

Cheers

Oh and dont be a stranger

EDIT : If you have it display by Folder instead of stack it ill bring a folder to the front

OP
J
Reaction score
Right clicking did not bring up a menu. It opened the folder to show all of the applications. I had found this suggestion in previous posts but it's not working for me???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Ooooops

Try Control>Click then.

Reaction score
Jack, may I ask how you got the apps folder to reappear on the dock? I also accidentally deleted mine a while back and have been living without it ever since. Would be nice to have it down there again. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Vipor . . . . . Open Finder and then just drag the Applications folder to the position on the Dock you want it and then go ahead and arrange it by the method above

Cheers

Reaction score
Got it. Thanks Tattooed. I had tried it many times in the past but I kept grabbing the "apps" from the side bar and dragging it down. It kept going up in smoke every single time. I figured it out now. I should have been grabbing the "apps" from within the finder hierarchy.

Thanks again. All is good now. Back in business. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.