Group Texting Question

Reaction score
Is there a way to BLOCK receiving group texts on the iPhone? I get stuck in one all the time that buddies of mine start and they are ok but these dudes text ALL FREAKING DAY LONG and I have more stuff to do than check my phone every 30 seconds.

I'm just frustrated with the group texting feature. I know that I can turn it off where my response doesn't go to the group, but I wanna know if I can turn off getting their responses.

Any help would be great!
Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Put it on vibrate and don't check the phone that often..let it save the texts and read them later when you want to..or just tell them you don't want to be included..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
TRY:
Go to Settings --> Messages --> Group Messaging
Toggle it to "OFF".
If this doesn't work I do know there's an app available in Cydia called iBlacklist that allows you to block incoming calls/texts from specific numbers. The downsides though are...

1. You have to jailbreak your phone to get Cydia.
2. It's an expensive app...something like $8.
3. It will block all texts from the selected number...not just group texts.

My wife has a verbally abusive father who calls maybe once a year in a drunken stupor. We considered the app, but decided it wasn't worth the money to avoid the once a year call.

Reaction score
TRY:
Go to Settings --> Messages --> Group Messaging
Toggle it to "OFF".

I have had that setting set to "OFF" yet still receive group texts.

If anyone has other advice on how to get off group texts that does not involve contributing to the group text stream, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

C

chas_m

That's because the setting has NOTHING to do with receiving group messages and only stops you from SENDING a group message.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.