any one know anything about SheepShaver???

Reaction score
so here is the situation. I have an aluminum MacBook running snowlepord. I decided I wanted to run some of my vintage games: creatures, 7th guest and 11th hour. I did my home work learned all I could about sheepshaver, and installed it with no problems. I can now boot up using system 9 Problem is I cant get either game to work. (I know both will work on system 9 because the work on my daughters computer where classic is still native)

anyway they install just fine, but neither one actually works. Creatures gets an error message that says please contact customer support and 7th guest begins to start up but then the software crashes. I though maybe it was the the operating system so I upgraded that, but that didn't fix it. I then tried to upgrade quicktime to the latest version sheepshaver supports but it fails half way through the install with a type 3 error. I am thinking of trying the whole thing again with Basilisk II and system 8 but at this point I can't find a copy of Basilisk II for the mac. any help or advice would be appreciated.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...any help or advice would be appreciated.

My advice is (if you want to run this old software)...for $20 bucks...buy an old G3 iMac.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.