connecting Y cable with 2 USB 1.1 into 4G ipod touch

Reaction score
I am trying to connect an ipd touch 4g into a usb 1.1

I have tried to get a USB 2.0 port from the PCMCIA adaptor from a Powerbook g4 running OSX 10.5.8 but it doesnt work. The PCMIA Card isnt recognized at all by the computer. Anybody having some experience trying to do this?

So what is left? I am thinking of getting a Y cable connecting two 1.1 usb ports to the ipod, does anyone know if this would make any difference?

a thousand thanks!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I am trying to connect an ipd touch 4g into a usb 1.1

I have tried to get a USB 2.0 port from the PCMCIA adaptor from a Powerbook g4 running OSX 10.5.8 but it doesnt work. The PCMIA Card isnt recognized at all by the computer. Anybody having some experience trying to do this?

So what is left?

A different card or a new computer. Maybe check at OWC to make sure you find one compatible with Macs.

I am thinking of getting a Y cable connecting two 1.1 usb ports to the ipod, does anyone know if this would make any difference?

Nope, sorry - doesn't work that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.