Setting the Screen Resolution

M

Mac_Killah

Hi,

Im new to mac, and ther fore im not famillar with it, i need help setting the screen resolution. I've read the "Mac Help" and did what ever it said.
But I can only choose 1024x768 and not any higher. How do i add more sizes?

Signed,
Killah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Mac_Killah said:
Hi,

Im new to mac, and ther fore im not famillar with it, i need help setting the screen resolution. I've read the "Mac Help" and did what ever it said.
But I can only choose 1024x768 and not any higher. How do i add more sizes?

Signed,
Killah
What Mac do you have? If you don't have other resolutions listed, then it is not capable of going higher than 1024X768. (iBooks, 12" PowerBooks are two that won't go higher than that resolution)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Mac_Killah said:
Basiclly mines is a PC...With a 17" LCd Screen
You didn't answer the question...What type of Mac do you have? If you have an iBook, then no matter what monitor you attach, you can only mirror the internal 1024x768 LCD. Same thing with certain older iMacs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
technologist said:
Originally Posted by Mac_Killah
Basiclly mines is a PC...With a 17" LCd Screen

You didn't answer the question...What type of Mac do you have? If you have an iBook, then no matter what monitor you attach, you can only mirror the internal 1024x768 LCD. Same thing with certain older iMacs.

I think what he was trying to say is that he is not using a Mac. It sounds like he is using the illegal DevKit copy of Tiger on a PC. I could be wrong, and I don't want to accuse anyone of illegal activity, but that would be the only reason I can think of why someone would say they are running it on a PC.

If you are using the illegal pirated copy of the DevKit version of Tiger, then nobody here is really going to be able to help you. That version of OS X is a specially designed, one-off version made soley for the DevKit Power Mac.
I am not certain that anyone here has such a machine or copy of OS X, but I would assume that the resolution was locked at 1024x768 since that OS version was only intended to write apps and develop software. It was not designed for daily use as a regular OS. Also, if it is a pirated, illegal copy, then as a moral issue, nobody here would be able to assist you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.