firmware update?

S

sexton

Is there any chance to remove firmware update after it's been installed?Kinda like a jumper in PC motherboards to get default settings.Is there anything like BIOS in macs at all?And if there is one how to access it?
I've got a small problem cus after firmware update on my G3 powerbook vertical brown lines appeared on the left side of the screen.

OP
U

unl33t

possably

sexton said:
Is there any chance to remove firmware update after it's been installed?Kinda like a jumper in PC motherboards to get default settings.Is there anything like BIOS in macs at all?And if there is one how to access it?
I've got a small problem cus after firmware update on my G3 powerbook vertical brown lines appeared on the left side of the screen.

note: i've never tried this myself, but i've herd that it works in some scenarios...

if you can get ahold of a previous firmware version, you should be able to "upgrade" it to that earlier version. as i understand, firmware is not like a driver update, when you update it to a new version, it completely rewrites it. i'd ask around a little more before trying this. as i really don't want you to accidentally kill your mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.