HELP - problem installing VISTA

Reaction score
Can't believe this but I just started to install vista and realised it was an upgrade disc so it wouldn't install. NOW I'm stuck in the windows installation and can't get out and can't remove the disc. Any suggestions on how to get out of this....

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
You haven't mentioned which Mac you have or which OS - but there are several ways to get a CD out of your machine. The eject key on your keyboard - rebooting while holding down your trackpad button or depressing your trackpad. There are a couple of others - if you've tried those unsuccessfully.

Don't be too upset. Not being able to install Vista is probably a good thing. :Blushing:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reboot the machine back to OS X and eject the Vista CD as you would any other disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.