Best GPS App For iPhone 4?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
Are there good, inexpensive GPS apps for the iPhone 4? I'm interested in an app that will give directions to a specific address, like a Garmin GPS in a car. If there are apps you guys use and trust, please advise. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Tom Tom is really the best of the bunch to be honest, but not cheap of course, but then the best never is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yeah, none of the GPS apps are very cheap. If you want something passable, you can just use the Google Maps app that comes with the iPhone.

I would agree that if you're willing to pay, I'd recommend TomTom.

Reaction score
I use the Free MapQuest app all the time, I find it to be really good.......heck I would have paid for it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Motion-x GPS Drive is $.99 - but the turn by turn costs $3/month or $20/year.
MotionX™ | MotionX News » MotionX-GPS Drive
MotionX GPS Drive for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

I bought the Tom Tom app when it was on sale for $35 - which has turn by turn built in.
TomTom U.S. & Canada for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Looks like it is back up to $50. There is a $20/year charge for traffic info.

The Motion GPS is nice if you use GPS navigation infrequently - because you can pay for it monthly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
If you really need a free GPS, use Waze. It uses open source maps that you can edit online. Sometimes it's directions are really bad, but it will generally get you there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Actually a shame you are US based as there is a new app called Navfree GPS.
It may be that there is a US version though. Worth a search of the App store for certain, it got good reviews on a tech show here.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Co-Pilot is the best of the low-priced offerings out there. It's not quite on-par with a good standalone GPS, and it doesn't hold a candle to Google Navigation on Android, but it'll get you to where you're going.

The only hang up I had with it is that it didn't warn me about a traffic circle in Phoenix.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
Actually a shame you are US based as there is a new app called Navfree GPS.
It may be that there is a US version though. Worth a search of the App store for certain, it got good reviews on a tech show here.

Agreed I have Nav Free and it works very well.

It doesn't speak the directions but then again it doesn't cost any money and is accurate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro, Ipod touch, Iphone4, iPad2
if you use the Nav Free app, does it use up your monthly allowed data download quota?
thanks
grant

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if you use the Nav Free app, does it use up your monthly allowed data download quota?
thanks
grant

No, it's totally free, beware though, the latest update has bought in ads, and no one likes it now. Try and find an older version if you can.

Reaction score
NAVMII 100% is better than Tomtom (we want your money tld)
i have the paid version which with speed cameras is less than a £5 !! fantastic routing and
very fast start up

walks all over TT for the money . I have also use the french maps and they work fine

no data us which also makes it a bargain

Tomtom is far too greedy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.