Disconnected mid-sync... now iTunes can't read...

Reaction score
I was moving my laptop while my iPhone was in the process of syncing. The iPhone fell on the floor.

When I re-connected it I get this message

error.jpg

The iPhone still works fine as far as I can tell.

I get the summary tab but I don't want to do a factory restore and lose all my stuff... especially contacts, notes, passwords, saved games, etc.

Is there a way to avoid this?

OP
F
Reaction score
Ok... before everyone jumps all over this at once... I was able to sync. by getting rid of iTubesDB file using i-Funbox...

now all my music is gone... but not. It's on there but not as music. My music area is blank but on the capacity it's obvious all the music is still on there because it's in other taking up the same amount of space. Plus I can see the files in i-Funbox file view in the raw file system...

Any idea how I cam wake it up to see the files that are on it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
this happened to me on the 1st gen Ipod Touch. I tried to sync my Touch to another computer. you're going to have to do a full restore unless someone fixed this issue since then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.