New iMac 2011

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy an iMac soon and was wondering if anyone has any info on the iMac which is supposed to be released in 2011.
Any info on price, release date, specs, monitor sizes would be great.

Thanks a lot!

OP
Q
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy an iMac soon and was wondering if anyone has any info on the iMac which is supposed to be released in 2011.
Any info on price, release date, specs, monitor sizes would be great.

Thanks a lot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No info at this point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You will be lucky

Apple will announce a new imac when they wat to, everything else will be just rumour.

There is likely to be a refresh, maybe with sandybridge processors but who knows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Merge threads. Please don't crosspost.

OP
Q
Reaction score
Thanks very much. Any idea on a possible release date.
I figure it's worth holding out to get the sandybridge processor and lion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks very much. Any idea on a possible release date.

No one is able to tell you for certain when new models are coming out until Apple actually announces a date. However, there are some sites that try to guess based on previous hardware refreshes.

A great one is the Macrumors Buying Guide:
Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone

The best rule of thumb is if you need a new computer and the current models meet your needs go for it. If you're not in a rush and choose to wait for the next refresh, you can do that. Either choice is ultimately up to you.

There will always be the next new version, so waiting indefinitely is often not worth it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

There's no reason to "hold out" for Lion. Lion is the next version of the Mac OS...and if you bought an iMac tomorrow...I'm 99.9999% sure Lion will install on it.

Your original post said, "I'm looking to buy an iMac soon..." This implies that you need a new computer...so just get it. If you can wait...then wait. But there's no guarantees how long that wait will be...or if new iMac models will be worth the wait.

- Nick

Reaction score
I'm also wondering what Apple will offer on the next iMac update, Thunderbolt? Fortunately I can wait to see what happens this summer with Lion's release. For myself, I want to buy my next Mac when the new OS is released. Hate to pay an extra hundred dollars and possible software compatibility problems too. Of course not everyone can wait and I understand.

Hopefully all of the yellow screen problems of the past have been fixed (not sure if this is still a problem or not?).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
I'm also wondering what Apple will offer on the next iMac update, Thunderbolt? Fortunately I can wait to see what happens this summer with Lion's release. For myself, I want to buy my next Mac when the new OS is released. Hate to pay an extra hundred dollars and possible software compatibility problems too. Of course not everyone can wait and I understand.

Hopefully all of the yellow screen problems of the past have been fixed (not sure if this is still a problem or not?).
Well, I didn't have patience to wait and got an i7 27" a few days ago. Don't see any yellow tinge. The screen is beautiful!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21½" 3.6GHz Core i5 iMac, 12GB Crucial RAM
I was thinking about waiting too, but since I need a computer (my old computer is literally smoking), I chose to do it now. The fact that I got a deal on a refurb only sweetened the pot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.