No Low Battery Notification (MacBook Pro)

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm a new Mac user and am still trying to figure out few things about Mac OS. Anyways, i was wondering why my macbook pro doesn't notify me when the battery is low. I noticed it after I have nearly drained my battery life couple times already in the middle of working on something. I tried looking at the Energy Saver preference if there was a setting for that but there is none. Where shall I look? or Is there something wrong with my battery?

13inch MacBook Pro
Intel i5 microprocessor
Mac OS X 10.6.6

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you click on the battery in the menu bar and go to "show", there should be the option to display an estimated time left and a percentage. Does that work?

OP
L
Reaction score
If you click on the battery in the menu bar and go to "show", there should be the option to display an estimated time left and a percentage. Does that work?

thanks for replying. yes, it does. what i meant was, my MBP doesn't notify me when my batt is low. like through a pop up warning or something like that. when i was still using a windows-based laptop, a warning pops up. i'm kinda new to mac world so is it possible that there is no feature like that in mac os?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Download this free battery monitor. It has a pop up warning that can be set.

OS X has a battery monitor that you can click on as van pointed out but it does not have a "pop up" option to warn you. It's strictly manual.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.