Eye Tv

U

UncSki1218

Now that i have my mac, i was looking for new things for it. I stumbled upon eye tv. It lets you watch live tv on your mac and record it like tivo. I'm probably going for the eye tv 200. It has a built in converter so it doesnt use power from the cpu. But, i read that the eye tv wonder can be hooked up to an xbox for lag-free gaming. Can the eye tv 200 also do that?

OP
U

UncSki1218

hahah neevermind...i found out... an xbox, vcr, dvd player can be connected

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
If you could....
Let me know what set up you're going to end up doing. And let me know how it works out. I'm looking into the same thing. Mostly for the Xbox hook up. Just curious about how well it works though.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
Connect Xbox to Mac? Isn't that like trying to hold the same Poles of two different magnets together? :)

Couldn't resist.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You cannot connect the Xbox to the EyeTV200. Since the 200 converts video to mpeg4 in the unit there is too high of a latency for video games to be playable on it.

The Wonder 2.0 does all of the work on the computer allowing you to play video games on your computer. I use this for my Xbox and it works great.

The 200 is better for encoding video because it doesn't need a huge processor to do it
The wonder is better for games

Neither of them allow you to pause and rewind what you have already watched unless you have the program recording already

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.