Time machine question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 15.4, 2.2, 8gb MBP - '11 15.4, 2.0, 8gb MBP, 2x4gb Gen1 Nano, 8gb Gen3 Nano,
I want to sync the user setting for two users between two different macbook pros. what I want is all the files, programs and os setting to be the same on both machines. Can I do this with time machine?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Time Machine is a backup program and as such does not have the ability to sync settings between two machines. If you need to have Macs with the same settings and programs, you may be able to use Disk Utility to create an image of what you want and then deploy it.

C

chas_m

You could check out Chronosync, it sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

MobileMe also does this to a certain extent, not completely however, just key things like calendar, address book, bookmarks etc.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 15.4, 2.2, 8gb MBP - '11 15.4, 2.0, 8gb MBP, 2x4gb Gen1 Nano, 8gb Gen3 Nano,
You could check out Chronosync, it sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

MobileMe also does this to a certain extent, not completely however, just key things like calendar, address book, bookmarks etc.

Thanks for the hint, I'll check it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.
Chronosync seems like a cool piece of software. I like my MBP so much that I am considering making it my "home" computer and buying one of those used mac notebooks from the link that pops up sometimes on the top of the forum for my toting around at work/etc. I would need a program like that if this ends up being the case :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.