Magic Trackpad Flashes "Low Battery" Upon Startup but is 100%

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Two iMacs: 10.7.5 2010 Core i3, 8Gigs RAM, and a 10.7.5 2011 Core i7, 16 Gigs RAM with an SSD
Since I got the Magic Trackpad, every time I start up my iMac, it flashes "Low Battery" on the screen for the Trackpad, even though it is 100% with new batteries when I go into System Preferences.

Spoke to Apple about it, and they had me trash two files and then re-start again. It still happened. Then they told me to go to an Apple Store and swap out the Magic Trackpad. I did this. The "Low Battery" indicator still flashes on the screen upon startup. Otherwise, the iMac works fine. Any ideas?

iMac
Core i3
OSX 10.6.6

OP
pokermaniac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Two iMacs: 10.7.5 2010 Core i3, 8Gigs RAM, and a 10.7.5 2011 Core i7, 16 Gigs RAM with an SSD
I finally figured out that my "Keyboard" batteries were low, and I replaced them, and now the "Low Battery" for the Trackpad no longer flashes on the screen. However, when I re-connected the Keyboard after putting in the new batteries, it showed a flash on the screen that the "Trackpad" was now connected. Why is my iMac mistaking my Trackpad for my Keyboard?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.