Perhaps I misunderstand MobileMe?

Reaction score
I use 2 different email accounts; one personally via my ISP, and one professionally through my company, which is hosted with our domain through a 3rd party. Both are POP mail accounts AFAIK.

I've set up mail and my iP4 and all mail functionality is fine.

I signed up for the free trial of MobileMe and went through the steps to set everything up... I believe it's working...

Should all my messages sent and received from these 2 accounts by syncing between my Mac and iPhone? As I have the accounts set up on both devices, I do get incoming mail in both places; what I was dearly hoping for is to sent a reply or new message in one device, and see it sync to the other for a totally integrated mailbox.

Does MobileMe actually have this ability, or is this only for the @me.com address I set up for the trial?

I'm hoping that I've erred in setting up the service; I'd happily pay the hundred bucks a year for real-time mirroring of my mailboxes on 2 (soon to be 3) devices, but if I must use a new email address for this to work, I'll probably not continue after the trial.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Should all my messages sent and received from these 2 accounts by syncing between my Mac and iPhone? As I have the accounts set up on both devices, I do get incoming mail in both places; what I was dearly hoping for is to sent a reply or new message in one device, and see it sync to the other for a totally integrated mailbox.

Tbat's not what MobileMe does. In order to do what you want it to do, you really need an IMAP or Exchange email account. Otherwise, there's not really an easy way to keep POP3 accounts in sync across multiple devices.

For your personal account you could consider switching to a Gmail account which does support IMAP. For work, I would check with them, most hosted email does support IMAP.

Does MobileMe actually have this ability, or is this only for the @me.com address I set up for the trial?

The MobileMe email account is an IMAP account so it will sync all your mail activity between machines.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks schweb, that's what I suspected.

I'll contact our hosting administrator about the IMAP support; I can easily live without a mirrored mailbox for my personal email in any case, though it would be awfully nice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.