Continuing internet frustrations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
We have two mid 2009 MBP 13" at home. Both have upgraded HDDs. I also have a now 1st generation Ipad. My wife's MBP and my Ipad at fast on without a problem on our home network. My MBP, however, is a different story. After surfing the web for about a half hour, it is as if something builds up and I am unable to effectively load certain websites any longer - which ones are often random. Once I restart the computer everything speeds up and loads well for a little while. I've tried cleaning caches, did the permissions thing, and everything but standing on my head. I even - just last night - replaced the hard drive thinking that might be the issue. I read somewhere that once you replace the hard drive in a unix based laptop, the heads continually park or something like that. But, then there's my wife's laptop with a replaced HDD and no internet problems on the same network. For the life of me, I cannot figure this one out. Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing my trouble with loading webpages after surfing for a relatively short time? Frequently having to restart is getting pretty old pretty quickly. Thanks.

Oh, I should say that it doesn't seem to matter which browser I use. Firefox is my preference, but it happens on all of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.