My iPad 2 has already died!!!

Reaction score
So after standing in line from 4:30 to 5:30 and then using it for about twenty minutes, I took an hour to drive to my dads and then at around 8:30 I finally got to use it. I was using it for about two hours and then it started to act up.

At first it was a little bit of lag between about a quarter inch on the left side and the rest of the screen. Shutting down all of the multi tasking seemed to have fixed it but about thirty minutes later it got worse, it the left side of the screen and the rest of it were not even showing the same apps or anything. Once this started I got on my Mac and tried restoring it, that didnt help. I decided to restore it again and thats when everything went down hill...

I can't get a photo of the second restore screen because its too dark but its basically just a smear of the restore bar streched across the screen.

Now that the screen has resore screen has gone away:

You can see it is the lock screen and I can still unlock it just by kind of feeling for it and it will open. You can still open up apps and stuff but all you can see is the top little screen (what I called the left side earlier).

Here is a photo with what I think is note pad:

So as you can see the touch sensors and the actual iOS works fine but the screen is dead.

So I just figured I would be first to share that the iPad 2 does seem to have a few issues and I plan on giving A GREAT PARTY at Apple tomorrow.

Reaction score
How about just bring it back and get a replacement. It's obvious that there is a fault with yours. It's also obvious that you still have a warranty so why freak out at the person at the store for no reason?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Seriously dude... you plan on giving them crap because a machine is faulty ? Hey, sorry that you happened to come upon bad luck, but this happens with EVERY SINGLE COMPANY who make such products. Return it, they'll give you a new one without question, move on and enjoy it.

The people at the store have nothing to do with why your particular iPad is faulty, and you bitc*ing to them won't prompt them to do anything other than what they normally do, which is to take the complaint, log the faulty item and put it in a place with other faulty items which are to be sent somewhere, fixed and recycled as a refurbished item later. Heck, maybe they'll even throw something nice in the deal for you since you had to drive so out of your way.

Be nice. The people who work there love the products they sell, and will understand your frustrations, there's no need to be irate.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Just take it back and show them, they will no doubt swap it on the spot. Just be civil.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Whining is never good .... Won't get you anywhere.
Not with Apple , not with anybody.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
W
Reaction score
Just take it back and show them, they will no doubt swap it on the spot. Just be civil.

The only reason I said that is I now have been on the phone with customer care and they called all the local stores and none are in stock so they cant do that for me.

They want me to mail it to them and then they will replace it when they have replacements available but they don't know how long that will be.

So I wish it was as easy as you say but it wont be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Mm.. that is pretty cruddy dude. Sorry. I'd ask them to let you know when your local store has more in stock so you don't have to wait, just in case they get it before they're able to mail one.

Doug

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I agree, there is no reason to give some Apple employee a bad day over this. But you do have a reason to be upset, though.

Hopefully, the outcome will be speedy and not too much of an inconvenience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
The only reason I said that is I now have been on the phone with customer care and they called all the local stores and none are in stock so they cant do that for me.

They want me to mail it to them and then they will replace it when they have replacements available but they don't know how long that will be.

So I wish it was as easy as you say but it wont be.

It's not like Apple did this on purpose or is targeted you personally yo be annoying. Show some patience and understand manufacturing mistakes happen. I know it's annoying, but it will all work out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
iPad or iPad 2 autocorrect :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06; 24" iMac 3.06; MBP 15 i7; 13" Macbook 2.4; 32gb iPodTouch; iMac G4; PowerMac G3&G4
I got a glitchy unit as well (64gb 3G AT&T). Random apps will crash and restart the unit. It got hung twice trying to restart. Restored it (not from backup). Safari and Mail both crashed on first restart.

The problem is no one in a 100 mile radius has a replacement. I guess I'll have to wait. Leaving the country Friday. Joy.

The very first Apple product I've ever had a problem with (and I STILL have a Power Mac G4 and iMac G4) so its bound to happen.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Hahaha Schweb just went gangsta on you. :Angry-Tongue:;D

He watches a lot of Jersey Shore. I've caught him talking to me like that before. Loves ending sentences with "yo".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
He watches a lot of Jersey Shore. I've caught him talking to me like that before. Loves ending sentences with "yo".

**Fist Pump**

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
I'll never understand the brilliance of

asking someone to help you, hat in hand, to replace a defective product with your approach being to jump right into their face, rant, and rave. If you did that to me I am pretty sure that I would not have a replacement in stock for you. Perhaps not ever.

You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.

Just sayin'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.

Amen Xs 1,000,000!!! :D

To the OP: Be nice. Be firm but polite and be persistent until your issue is solved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
I don't see what the problem is they have obviously sold out as they aren't in stock anywhere.

They are asking you to return it to save you having to call the store/queue to get a replacement.

It was like this when the iPhone came out in the uk you could either go to the store and risk not getting one as they kept selling out or make an appointment and they would reserve one and call you when it was in stock.

It sucks it's broken but if they don't have them in stock they can't give you what they don't have.

This is one of the reasons I don't buy on the day it comes out as any defects will be more likely to be found in the first batch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.