Magic Trackpad & Wireless Keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch 16gigs RAM i7 - iPhone 6 Plus - 27 inch Thunderbolt Display - iPad Air 2
Just purchased the Apple Magic Trackpad & wireless keyboard to go with a 2011 MBP. WOW. Just awesome. I don't even have it hooked up to a monitor yet but I can zoom and stuff with the MTP so having a smaller screen isn't a big deal.

Love to use it while I'm doing work in the kitchen. Throw the trackpad on a book and make tea, can scroll through emails ect. while I'm standing around instead of having the thing on my lap burning away my future children...it's a beautiful thing. Even if it's not your slice of pie both peripherals come in handy, just make sure you have the MTP on a book or you won't be able to click it, thats my only gripe. Would of liked the ability to click carrying it in my hand.

But theres one problem. The full functionality of the trackpad doesn't seem to work with my 09 white Macbook. I don't have 10.6.4 on it but the trackpad still works but theres no zoom, scrolling, ect. Is there a way around this or should I just give up on the MTP for the 09?

Anyways, I don't see a hdmi port on the side of the 2011 MBPro...am I missing something here or can we not hook up the new MBPs to a larger screen?

OP
AppleRecords
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch 16gigs RAM i7 - iPhone 6 Plus - 27 inch Thunderbolt Display - iPad Air 2
got a separate charger for a 13 inch a while back, 60w? has that new aluminum look to it instead of the white plug look, but its the same as the MBP ones, would it matter if I switch up the chargers? I have two 13 inch computers so it would have to be the same wattage for the power cord, right? The one i had already is only a month old...maybe a stupid question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Make sure they are EXACTLY the same spec, or you'll blow the power supply.

As for the Trackpad, it needs Snow Leopard 10.6.4 and the latest software to have full functionality.

OP
AppleRecords
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, just checked them. Both say 60w so I guess it should be okay. Just wondering bc one is a separate bought 60w one and the other came with a computer new and it's 60w..I guess it might be a stupid question but you never know they could be built differently or something and then wammo your new computer battery is bloated or broken or whatever.

yeah was thinking about just getting the Snow Leopard upgrade, just pay and download it or something. I like the update that comes with the 2011s...didn't have the app store on my other computer so I'm still browsing that. There are just so many programs you can get through the internet it just seems that most of the stuff there is geared towards the iPad which is cool..but just haven't seen anything that jumps out at me on there yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Downloading it is illegal. Buy it, $29 is cheap for a full OS upgrade.

OP
AppleRecords
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh I meant download it through the Apple site but I guess they don't do that. Have to check it out at Best Buy or something. I would never download a OS from a torrent, just doesn't seem like a good idea on top of it being illegal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Exactly, and no, you have to buy the disc, which is better anyway, as there's always a chance you may need to run Disk Utilty from it one day.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.