Adding movies to itunes

Jkt

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to Macs and have a question in hopes to be answered. If I have a DVD movie and want to add it to my iTunes collection...what is the process and what Programs do I need to successfully copy the movie from a disc to iTunes.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
you can use Handbrake to rip un copy protected movies to itunes.

for copy protected movies, you are gonna have to scour the darker side of the web, as we arent allowed to discuss here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Handbrake as their own forum and a wiki with instructions. Go look at their site and you will find all you need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dont own one yet
also, there is a cool little utility out there called "identify" that will put the video cover poster frame on the movie, (album art) and all the other bits and pieces that go into the video tag data - movie rating, actors, directors, plot summary, etc etc from the IMDB website, and changed the mp4 to a m4v file, so you can drag it straight into itunes and it appears in your library.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
If you have other video files, such as .avi, .mkv, etc then I suggest downloading the free app from the App Store called Miro Video Converter. It will convert anything you have to be compatible with any device you have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.