wmv files

Reaction score
I am a new mac user and owner. When i go to other forums and they have videos attached I cannot view them. i added NLC and quick time player along with flipmac. When I click on it it opens in a new window with a bunch of symbols and such. When i right click it it gives me options to save "linked file" If I do it only opens back up to the page when i try it. My question is how do I get the file to one of these programs I have downloaded that is suppose to play these?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Drag the file into the VLC Play List or Media Library, highlight it then press the play button.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
flip4mac Google it.

C

chas_m

flip4mac Google it.

From the original post:

"i added NLC and quick time player along with flipmac"

I'm not sure what to tell the OP, it sounds like something hasn't been properly installed (actually, it sounds like everything hasn't been properly installed if VLC won't play it). If quicktime will play other WMV videos from elsewhere, I would conclude that the particular ones he's talking about are borked on their end.

OP
E
Reaction score
so should I uninstall the vlc or flipmac and re-install them? If so how do you do that?

OP
E
Reaction score
I surrender and am going back to the PC. After many months of trying to figure things out I am unable to make this work. I also don't know where the files go when you delete them from VLC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.