What time will the lines start?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, IPad 2 , IPhone 4
At Best Buy or the Apple store? Anyone in line yet? Or not a big deal this time?

EricE

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my local Apple store, asked about line and supply. He said yes, already a line, as of 11am there were already 20 people in line (don't know current) and that they did not know what their inventory was--it's still unknown to the employees (except the manager I assume).

So it looks like I might be out of luck today. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
As of 8AM Arizona time, no one was in line at the Apple Store next to where my wife works. I dropped her off today in hopes of catching some photos of people in line but none. I was going to drive back by at noon and a little before 4pm when I have to pick her up but I'm having car troubles so better not risk driving more than necessary today. :(

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
As of 8AM Arizona time, no one was in line at the Apple Store next to where my wife works. I dropped her off today in hopes of catching some photos of people in line but none. I was going to drive back by at noon and a little before 4pm when I have to pick her up but I'm having car troubles so better not risk driving more than necessary today. :(

Hope things work out with the car.

BTW Whatever happened with the guy camping out in Texas?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I was going to drive back by at noon and a little before 4pm when I have to pick her up but I'm having car troubles so better not risk driving more than necessary today. :(

Bring your car over to my place...I'll get it running happy!;)

Thanks for the "on the spot" reporting. I'm going to guess...that at 4pm Arizona time (6pm EST)...there will be no line...since that will be 1 hour after the 5pm EST iPad launch.

Unless your Apple Store has a heck of a lot of iPad 2's in inventory...and a VERY long line...or VERY SLOW Apple employees!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
At the Apple store in Greensboro, NC. Probably 150 in line. Genius says they didn't get as many AT&T models. But they're polling the line and haven't started turning people away yet.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
At the Apple store in Greensboro, NC. Probably 150 in line. Genius says they didn't get as many AT&T models. But they're polling the line and haven't started turning people away yet.

That's a pretty big line!

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bring your car over to my place...I'll get it running happy!;)

Unless your Apple Store has a heck of a lot of iPad 2's in inventory...and a VERY long line...or VERY SLOW Apple employees!;)

- Nick

Thanks for the offer. It's either something in the fuel line or ignition. Gave me trouble starting, waited 15 minutes then it started just fine. Taking it in tomorrow AM to find out specific problem.

1PM: Target said they had "some" and might get "more" later today. No line, didn't expect a line, but a lot of people had called already.
2PM: Best Buy has "Quite a few" in stock (wouldn't say how many). No line, they are expecting a line.

I didn't bother calling Wal-Mart. I'm sure they're about the same as Target. It's funny that I'm not even getting an iPad 2 because those 3 stores are all within 2 miles of my house. Heck, I walked to Target today (1 mile) and Wal-Mart is only another mile beyond that.

Engadget has a list with photos of people lined up around the country. iPad 2 line watch: the few, the proud, the soaking wet -- Engadget

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the offer. It's either something in the fuel line or ignition. Gave me trouble starting, waited 15 minutes then it started just fine. Taking it in tomorrow AM to find out specific problem.

Good luck with the car...don't let them rip you off!;)

It's funny that I'm not even getting an iPad 2 because those 3 stores are all within 2 miles of my house. Heck, I walked to Target today (1 mile) and Wal-Mart is only another mile beyond that.

I'm probably gonna get one...but not right away...I can wait.;) I still find it fun to following the excitement...and possible "zaniness" (person pitching a tent)...around the launch of new Apple products (iPhone & iPad). Don't usually get this with devices like new computer models.

It will be interesting to read more iPad 2 internet "professional" reviews...and reviews from Mac-Forums members (maybe more useful).:)

Thanks for the link.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
Its about 230p local time. I'm. 3rd in line at my university's bookstore. When I drove by Best Buy around noon there were over 40 people easy waiting in line outside.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
No line at all

Apple opened mail sales at 4:00 AM EST. I placed my order at 5:00 AM and received my email shipping confirmation at 5:24 AM.

That was easy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
So for those going to best buy.

I just called a couple of best buys and t hey said that only the stores that have an apple reseller inside with carry the 3G models, all other stores will carry wifi only.

And my local best buy doesn't have any lines yet, but some others have up to 6 people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3:30PM Scottsdale Quarter Apple Store, Scottsdale, AZ. At least 200 people in line. Apple gave umbrellas (free? or loaners?) to those on the sunny side of the building.

Front of store.
IMG_3415.jpg

Turning the corner, the line begins.
IMG_3416.jpg

Turning the corner again, the line continues.
IMG_3420.jpg

The line is still going...
IMG_3421.jpg

Final shot standing at the end of the line, looking back.
IMG_3423.jpg

Reaction score
Greensboro, NC. Had 100+ in front of me and at least that many behind. Doors opened at exactly 5pm and I was walking out with my 2 at 5:35pm. They moved fast!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
In line at best buy. About 35 people total

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I sat at home all day with a sick kid, wife worked until 4:30, had iPad 2 in hand at 5:30!! :D

I have a great wife!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I sat at home all day with a sick kid, wife worked until 4:30, had iPad 2 in hand at 5:30!! :D

I have a great wife!!

Sounds like a keeper!

Get well, Jr. ;D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3:30PM Scottsdale Quarter Apple Store, Scottsdale, AZ. At least 200 people in line. Apple gave umbrellas (free? or loaners?) to those on the sunny side of the building.

Thanks a million for the photos...I really liked the one from the side of the building with everyone using the umbrellas!:)

I was a little confused at first when you said Apple handed out umbrellas. I was thinking...rain in Arizona???...then you mentioned the sun. Heck...if the folks in line got to keep the umbrellas...I would have gotten in line just for one (iPad or no iPad)...those are some nice looking umbrellas.!;)

Thanks a bunch for taking & posting the photos (nice quality photos as well)...just like being there,:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.