Order online... NOW!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Amazingly I have the same plan for telling my wife Aptmunich. I have a little buffer as it gets shipped to work but at some point she is going to notice that I also have an iPad. (She has an iPad 1) I did buy her some really expensive noise cancelling headphones - hopefully that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA
Hi
Here in Europe, orders just went live and sales in stores start tomorrow at 5pm. I've just ordered online - excited!

Would you mind sharing your estimated shipping date for your online order?

Regards

Reaction score
Woke up at half 2 in the morning. So decided to nip downstairs and order mine! It was already listing 2-3 weeks delivery time from when I ordered :(

My order confirmation email says:

Dispatched: 15 Apr, 2011
Delivers 26 Apr, 2011 Standard Service

So 1 month :(
Bit miffed on the dispatch time. How's it getting here? donkey?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Here in Ireland I ordered mine at around 2.30 this morning. However the site seemed to go into meltdown - or at least it took several attempts to place the order. Showed 2-3 week delivery plus 7 days after that. Problem is I have not yet received a confirmation email????

Reaction score
Here in Ireland I ordered mine at around 2.30 this morning. However the site seemed to go into meltdown - or at least it took several attempts to place the order. Showed 2-3 week delivery plus 7 days after that. Problem is I have not yet received a confirmation email????

A mate in the UK had similar but at 3:30am. He did make a note of the order number though so he called up and put it into the automated system and it found it.

I did get an email and I ordered that the same time as you.
However I can see Apple have already tried to debit my card which I think is a bit bloody rude when the item isn't available for shipping for 3 weeks yet and then is going to take 10 days to ship.

The UK Apple store account site just came back to life so I logged in hoping for better than the 2-3 weeks to shop and 10 days shipping quote my email had on it.. and no.. its the same. But I note the availability on the Store is now 3-4 weeks in the UK for all models now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Thanks for the info DB2K - I usually take a screen shot of any order and stupidly did not last night. However got in touch with Apple and they tracked it down and gave me my order number. So I now have an estimated shipping date of April 15th and a delivery date of April 27th - That donkey will sure be tired.

Reaction score
I can only assume they allocated pretty much zero stock to the online channel. Haven't seen anyone say it's not a 2-3 week wait for stock and estimated delivery of the 26th April. I blame the Americans, hoovering up all the stock ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Dispatched: 15 Apr, 2011
Delivers 26 Apr, 2011 Standard Service

Same here, same everywhere from what I've heard…

But we went to the line in Munich with equinux (the company I work for) handed out some giveaways and shot a little video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZjZGxI4Tu4

Incredibly busy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
cool video.
it really captured the excitement

Reaction score
So I was walking through walmart a minute ago and heard a couple of people asking for iPad 2's the sales associate told them they have been sold out for awhile and I just thought to myself "glad I ordered online" so as I was browsing the electronics I was walking behind the back side of the iPad display case and saw a iPad 2 in there (it was white so I was positive it was intact a iPad 2) so I asked the same associate "do u have any iPad 2's" he said "no sorry" I asked him then what is the white one there and as he did a double take he opened the case and said I guess we do actually we have 4 of them 2 white 32gig wifi and two black of the same would u like one he said? No I replied I have one I just saw those in there. Anyways the moral of the story is when in walmart you may want to verify with a few reps to make sure what's in there inventory. If I didn't live in Alaska I would offer these up to people on the forums. For no fee ofcourse just actuall cost incurred.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.