Macbook Screen Won't Turn On

Reaction score
Ok so my girlfriend had cracked her screen and we ordered a replacement screen. When I tried to install it with the hinge cover on, I broke the inverter so I bought a new inverter. I just installed the screen and the new inverter and the computer turns on, but my screen stays black. Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What instructions did you use to change out the display? Go to iFixit: The free repair manual and look over their step by step for changing out the display. Perhaps that might help you find out what went wrong. You're probably going to need to take things apart again and reassemble.

OP
N
Reaction score
I didnt use that repair guide because i didn't want to open up the whole computer to get to the inverter. I just opened up the hinge cover and removed it so I could access the inverter I had broken. The screen replacement is pretty straight forward. There are I think 2 cable connections that have to do with the display, one for the inverter and the other one that connects to the back of the screen. I checked both and they are connected fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.