Help please for my mac i dont know whats wrong please enter

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. Im new here, and I dont know how this works.
So here it goes my problem, 2 days ago I clean up my mac and deleted some stuff and installed others. So yesterday when I woke up, I used my computer a little while, and then while I was importing videos on iMovie so i left for breakfast for like 1 an a halh hours. Thats when the problem shows up, i went to the computer and it was off, so i turned it on, but when the apple logo it was going to come by, a strange blinking folder with an interrogation mark on it, appeared on the gray screen. I searched on a lot of forums so I tried reseting the PRAM or whatever its called but it didnt work, obviously i tried like thousand times but nothing, then i tried using the iMac installer disk, and everything seemed to work, the blinking folder was gone but when i put it repair disk, everything was normal and working great, but when i try opening it with the hard drive i does not appearr, what should i do? I dont know what else to try, i repair and verify the disk like thousand times, i dont care to loose all of my info, well obviously i rather not loose it, but i just want it to be on!! please help me im deseperate, I do not have a backup in TimeMachine so i dont know. And i does not appear on the startup system de hard drive!! I would appreaciate all the help as possible. Thanks.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
its sounds like your hard drive is failing. do a back up if you can. (try putting it into an enclosure, and connecting it to a different computer.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.