My first MBP malfunction after 4 days after purchase

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2 GHz i7
So I was trying out iWeb coz I heard so many good things about it
being simple, user friendly, and many other good things compared to Dreamweaver

I started playing with it and got really satisfied with it
and wanted to setup the ftp for publish
then i realize that I forgot my login, which i will have to get later because my lunch break was almost over

Then i try to click the red dot to close and then quit iWeb, like i do with other programs (still cant change the click the corner to close habbit)
but it gave me an error sound, and nothing happen
after a few tries, I try to shut down when iWeb is minimized, but my mbp gave me another error sound and iWeb jump back out

finally, after a few minutes, a message popped up telling me that i can force quit iWeb.

Everything is fine now
and I learned the mac version of Alt+Ctrl+Del:D which helps me rest better

but I am wondering if anyone else have experienced this with iWeb, or is it just me doing something I shouldn't?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
First, clicking on the red dot on the frame of the window just closes that particular window of the application. The application doesn't exist like in Windows. You have to specifically go to the menu bar and choose <Name of App> -> Quit or hit CMD+Q to quit an application..

As to the errors themselves, what did it say exactly?

Regards

OP
Milca604
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2 GHz i7
first of all sorry i didn't express myself clearly
i meant i click the red dot to close that window, and then go on to the menu bar on top to Quit that program as i always forget that i could simply close the program.

I don't remember what it says exactly
the message is about
if certain program is not working go to apple menu and click force quit

which I did, and fixed the problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
First, clicking on the red dot on the frame of the window just closes that particular window of the application.
Generally true, but with some, iPhoto, iWeb, iMovie11 for example, it closes the application.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 17" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, AppleTV2 (x2), iPad1
I don't know that I'd call that a malfunction of the computer. More like a software issue. I've had my new MBP for about a week and managed to get a bit click-happy and tick off Safari yesterday. Force quit it, restarted and continued on. It happens. Not nearly as often as a PC, but it does happen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.