dead. just dead. (battery issue?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook
Hey all, I have a iPod 5th gen 80 GB Video (black). Had it ever since they came out, it has always been very reliable...until recently.

A few weeks ago it started "acting up" -- that is, it would stop (power down) suddenly and have trouble booting back up. But if I played with it I could always get it to fire back up. It would usually come back to life and say it was low on battery, but then the battery charge bar would always "go back" to where it was before it died on me.

Yesterday it died on me again but this time I could not get it to fire back up. I took it home and plugged it into my wall, into my computer, but nothing. Eventually I got a message that said something like "very low battery, please wait" but it would just sit on that screen and eventually fizzles out again.

So what do you think? Replace the battery?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.