Integrate Maps and video to an iPad magazine page

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm developing an independent iPad magazine with Indesign, but I have 2 doubts about interactive that I hope you could help me, please:

- How can I include a You Tube/Vimeo video to load and play inside a page of the magazine?
- Realting to Maps, how can I insert a map like the interactive one (such the iPad Maps) seen on TRVL magazine?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
I am sure you can embed the video into InDesign.. so it should work, but you would have to download the video off the internet to place it into InDesign.

Check this out... LINK

I plan on making a magazine as well in indesign to place it into my new ipad 2. I want to make a Magazine Portfolio to take on interviews with me.

OP
A
Reaction score
I am sure you can embed the video into InDesign.. so it should work, but you would have to download the video off the internet to place it into InDesign.

Check this out... LINK

I plan on making a magazine as well in indesign to place it into my new ipad 2. I want to make a Magazine Portfolio to take on interviews with me.

Thanks, macwannabe, but the videos I'm planning to use are all of them on You Tube and Vimeo! So, I'd like to place them directly to the magazine...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
you can make hyperlinks to the videos... I dont know if you can pull the feed from youtube and vimeo? There might be a widget out there or something but that is not something I would know about sorry. When ever you get you mag. done I'd love to see it.. I will start designing mine maybe this weekend. Good Luck Bro.

OP
A
Reaction score
you can make hyperlinks to the videos... I dont know if you can pull the feed from youtube and vimeo? There might be a widget out there or something but that is not something I would know about sorry. When ever you get you mag. done I'd love to see it.. I will start designing mine maybe this weekend. Good Luck Bro.

Right, I have to check on it... Thanks and good luck to you too, man!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.