Automator - Safari bookmarks

Reaction score
I have a mac cart of 20 macbooks. I am wanting to run automator and push out bookmarks in Safari to the rest of the macbooks. Can anyone help with this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
You're not going to be able to to that with Automator, it lacks the ability to connect to other Macs and copy files to them.
Even an AppleScript would be hard too do, and prone to fail.

The easiest way would be to get a MobileMe account (Just one is needed), configure it on all the Macs, and it will sync with no attention needed by you.

The other way that people use is to get a free DropBox account, this also only needs one account and will then sync the files to all computers that are connected to the same account.
How to: Keeping Safari bookmarks in sync on two Macs - MacRumors Forums

And repeat this part on as many computers you want to have the bookmarks synced to.
then go to the other computer, delete the
~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist file then run

ln ~/Dropbox/Bookmarks.plist ~/Library/Safari/

Both ways assume you want to copy all the Safari Bookmarks from the host Mac to the 20 MacBooks. Pushing just select bookmarks cannot be be done AFAIK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.