email help

Reaction score
Hey guys....problem...when i'm visiting any website that has an highlighted contact button....and I click on it, it is supposed to come up with an already addressed email form...this stopped about a year ago...I may have deleted the program that does this.....I'm using a mac mini...yahoo homepage. Using Safari...I LIKE SAFARI AND DON'T WANT TO CHANGE....any suggestions??? Keith:Blushing:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Can we have a link to the webpage?
Also you might want to remove the email/tel. Spam bots constantly are browsing popular websites for info to harvest.

OP
H
Reaction score

Can we have a link to the webpage?
Also you might want to remove the email/tel. Spam bots constantly are browsing popular websites for info to harvest.

I revised the question....it's my computer program, not the websites.....prob. better explained if I could get someone to call me...after 730pm..thnx

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you post a question here, you're expected to return for the answer. No one is going to call you nor send you email. If you wish to keep up with the thread and be informed of replies, use the subscribe option.

Your email address and phone number were removed for your own protection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
It may be the computer but then again it may not be.

You see, the HTML code that makes mail open with all the correct fields already filled out looks like this. And if the webdev has made an error in this bit of code when updating his website it will not work.

Code:
<a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=here is a mailto link&[email protected]">Contact</a>

The above code will look like this in the webpage.
Contact

If it really is your computer there is no program that you can install that will fix your problem, as this is handled by the OS and not by a program.
What has most likely happened is that your default email client is not set anymore, so reset it.

Open Mail, go to the preferences and in the General tab look for the "default email reader". Now click on the drop-down and click on "Select…". Now find the Mail application in the list and click on the "Select" button.
Now try the contact links.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.