internet freezes entire iBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
hey guys ive had my iBook G4 since xmas and up until about 2 months ago i havent had any problems and now for some reason when i go online after being connected for about 3 or 4 minutes the whole system just freezes up and i can do nothing. i cant even do apple option esc it doesnt work i have to end up turning the whole system off and begin again. and then it will probably do this about 2 or 3 times and then work normal. i was wondering whether anyone knew what the problem might be

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
jacksonworld said:
hey guys ive had my iBook G4 since xmas and up until about 2 months ago i havent had any problems and now for some reason when i go online after being connected for about 3 or 4 minutes the whole system just freezes up and i can do nothing. i cant even do apple option esc it doesnt work i have to end up turning the whole system off and begin again. and then it will probably do this about 2 or 3 times and then work normal. i was wondering whether anyone knew what the problem might be
Well, first we will need some more information.

What else are you doing when you are online?

What other apps do you have running?

How much RAM does your iBook have?

Assuming this is a dialup connection, who is your online provider or ISP?

What time of the day is this, if you are on dial up?

OP
jacksonworld
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
all i have open is safari and prolly like 2 tabs

i might try and run aim but it usually takes too long so i quit it

my ibook has 768 DDR SDRAM, 1.33GHz, Power PC G4

isp provider is iprimus.com.au

and it can occour at any time of the day.

but the thing is sometimes it happens others it doesnt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.