How cool is this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010+ Mac Mini, 2.4 ghz, 8 gigs RAM / iPad (1st gen) 32gb 3G / iPhone4 16gb / iPod Video 30gb
I have had my Mac Mini for about a month now. It is hooked up to my 46" LCD TV in the living room. Something just dawned on me... so I grabbed the old Acer monitor and the mini display port to VGA adapter that I bought and hooked it up to the mini. Turned it on... and both displays work! Yes, I know it is supposed to work... but, having been a Windows user for so many years, I was surprised that it worked without changing any settings. As I type, I am watching Netflix streaming on the TV and I have a Safari window open on the monitor.

My Dell laptop had dual display capability, but it never worked right. I could pretty much either watch on the monitor or on the external display. One would look right, and the other would be the wrong aspect ratio.

It is true... these computers "just work."

My wife thinks I am crazy, but this is a great setup if one of us wants to watch a movie and the other wants to surf the web or do some other work.

I love it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
Sounds great! Glad to hear you've got a setup that's working well for you! Now your wife can't get upset at you for visiting M-F so often that she can't watch T.V. or anything! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
That is awesome! I have always wanted a dual monitor set up. I am jealous :p

- Kyle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
nice post. there isnt enough people giving positive feedback for the mac minis. they are sweet lil machines.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.