itouch 3rd GEN Jailbreak issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MBP 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 4GB RAM
First of all i'd like to apologize to the moderators for bringing this topic up.

I know we shouldn't result to piracy. My brother gave me an ipod touch 3rd GEN as a gift. Well it was his old one so he decided to hand it down to me. The problem is he had it jailbroke.

I didn't restore it when I got it. I just decided to go legit and download apps and games from the app store instead.

My problem now is that when i try to purchase new maps or items in games such as fieldrunners, angry birds, towermadness and zombie cafe, i couldn't because some sandbox environment warning comes up. A friend mentioned it comes up because my itouch was jailbreaked. Now i want to go legit. So here are my dilemmas:

1.) How do i unjailbreak my itouch? If i restore it using the restore button in itune would that work?

2.) I downloaded some apps legally via upstore in my itouch. Would i still be able to download them for free or do i need to pay for them all over again?

You're help would be greatly appreciated. Once again thanks for the help... and moderators sorry again for bringing this topic up!

Cheers!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Any apps you bought yourself can be re-downloaded at no charge using the same iTunes account that they were purchased with. Ideally I would say that you should use the same software to re-jail the iPod touch that was used to jailbreak it, then restore the firmware in iTunes and set it back up as a new device. It "probably" isn't necessary to re-jail it first, but it's best to take the most cautious approach when possible.

OP
johndope83
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MBP 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 4GB RAM
Any apps you bought yourself can be re-downloaded at no charge using the same iTunes account that they were purchased with. Ideally I would say that you should use the same software to re-jail the iPod touch that was used to jailbreak it, then restore the firmware in iTunes and set it back up as a new device. It "probably" isn't necessary to re-jail it first, but it's best to take the most cautious approach when possible.

thanks!! so it's possible to download all my purchased apps even if i restored my itouch?

i'm not familiar with the jailbreak app i used. can i just use itunes to restore my itouch then?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
thanks!! so it's possible to download all my purchased apps even if i restored my itouch?

i'm not familiar with the jailbreak app i used. can i just use itunes to restore my itouch then?

Yes and "probably" should be ok.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.