Using bandwidth by streaming files from MBP to Apple TV?

Reaction score
Okay...perhaps one of the dumbest questions in a while, but if I stream files from my MBP (video, audio, photos) to my TV via the Apple TV 2G, this would not be included in my bandwidth usage with my ISP would it?

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't...it's just wirelessly streaming from one device to another, isn't it?

I'm no where near encroaching on any ISP limits, but would hate to test that if I'm wrong and I'm streaming music all weekend!

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4 GHZ, 320GB int 2TB ext. iPad 1st Gen, iPod 2nd & 4th gen
As long as the streaming is on your local network you shouldn't even go near the internet. To test this, just disconnect your router from your modem. Streaming should still take place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It will not impact you bandwidth limit. However, keep in mind that you ATV checks periodically with Apple (your iTunes acct) to make sure it's streaming from an authorized device. I'm not sure if your ATV will work when if you disconnect your router, although it may once a video is playing. I've never tried though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.