Mac Bootcamp Password Issue?

Reaction score
So I had installed Windows XP with bootcamp today, and I had restarted the computer while windows was running and now it is asking for a password to log in to windows, but I didn't make a password for it. I tried any passwords that could of been possible, but still not working.

I was wondering if i could restart the computer somehow so it can start on the Mac log in page, and not the windows long in because I can't get back without having a password, which I do not have. :(

Help!!!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Windows asks for you to input a password on the first screen after it asks for you to input your user name. If you left those blank (the only way not to have a password), then leave the password field blank when you log into Windows.

To boot back into OS X, hold down the option key while you reboot until you see the boot menu.

To make OS X the default OS to boot into - go to System Preferences - Startup - and select your MacIntosh HD there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.