USB Permissions

Reaction score
Hi, when I got my Mac for the first time and plugged my USB in, there was some stuff I didn't need anymore, so I deleted it. Now, whenever I try to securely empty my trash, it won't let me remove anything from my USB because I don't "have permission to access some of the following items. I went into Disk Utility, backed up all of my stuff, formatted it and the same problem occurs once I have put my files back in and delete something else. I can access all of these files perfectly when they aren't in the trash. Can anyone help?

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
on the stuff you "dont have permission" to, try cmd + i on the file, click the lock at the bottom corner and change it to everyone" read and write. then delete it and try to empty the trash.

OP
A
Reaction score
There is no lock, it just says that I can read and write. This goes for all of my files in the USB. It doesn't have a table for you to change anything either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.